Musotrees Magazine : Vol 07
Vol 7. Malaysia & Indonesia Issue
In Pangkor Island, Malaysia, we learnt of Munir Shaari’s nation-wide journey of rediscovering his Malay roots through Misi Mencari Melayu. On the country’s East Coast, in Kuala Terengganu, we visited the Nysakapas backyard studio, where former city girl Nisa developed handmade batik terap with modern, progressive motifs. Back in our home base, Kuala Lumpur, Zeejay, Cliff and Fidella of The Alphabet Press related their success story which led to the birth of ana tomy. From the sleepy town of Behrang in Perak across the South China Sea to Sabah on the Borneo Island, our contributors offer personal anecdotes, travel experiences and unique perspectives of the country they call home.
In Indonesia, between its capital Jakarta and arts mecca Yogyakarta, we encountered authentic stories from ceramic artisans at Kandura Studio, puppet makers at Papermoon Puppet Theatre, independent print publishers of Manual Jakarta and campervan travellers Nuvantara. Jakarta and Yogyakarta may be among Indonesia’s most well-known cities, but through our contributors, we caught a glimpse of their secrets and nuances from an insider’s view.
- From Behrang to Kota Kinabalu: A Trail of Memories by Ed Shamsuddin
- Interview, Kuala Terengganu (East Malaysia): Nysakapas
- Nusantara Flavours: Lessons from My Father by Denise Hung
- Interview, Pangkor Island (West Coast Malaysia): Misi Mencari Melayu
- Finding My Roots by Hana Zamri
- Interview, Kuala Lumpur: The Alphabet Press
- Interview, Jakarta: Kandura Studio
- A Beautiful Day in Jakarta by Primo Rizky
- Interview, Yogyakarta: Papermoon Puppet
- Interview, Jakarta: Manual Jakarta
- Interview, Yogyakarta: Nuvantara
- The Enchantment of Yogyakarta by Andrea Rahardiana
23cm x 17cm
Free Shipping Above RM99
Enjoy free shipping on all orders above RM99 within Peninsular Malaysia.
All products retailing on Naiise are verified original designs.
Why Do We Allow Pre-Orders?
To help some designers keep their inventory risks low, we allow them to produce only upon an order. Hence some products may have a longer delivery time.
Ask Us Anything
Contact us via our enquiry form or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this item!